Stephanie Horton is Anna Draper’s niece. She played a part in several critical points in Dick Whitman/Don Draper’s life.
Stephanie reluctantly told Don about Anna’s cancer. It was Stephanie who called Don to tell him that Anna had died. Stephanie gives Don Anna’s wedding ring that he eventually gives to Megan.
Stephanie called Don when she was 7 months pregnant and Megan was so threatened by her that she sent Stephanie on her way with some cash before Don could step in to help.
And, as Don makes his way across the country, shedding his possessions, he ends up at Stephanie’s house, without a car and only a paper bag full of clothes. Stephanie takes Don to the retreat.
- What did Stephanie do after she takes the car and abandons Don at the retreat?
- Would Don have had his breakdown and breakthrough if Stephanie had remained at the retreat?
- Did Stephanie drive back to Los Angeles or head north to Berkeley? If she ends up in Berkeley, does she complete her degree?
- Does Stephanie ever confront her feelings about motherhood and seek custody of her son?
- Does Stephanie reconnect with Dick or does Don seek her out before he returns to NYC?
Discuss among yourselves…..