On May 17, 2015 the last episode of Mad Men was broadcast.
It has been a very long year.
Matthew Weiner and the writer’s room did an amazing job of leaving most of the Mad Men characters in a slightly happier place, but with enough of a bittersweet mixture of closure and uncertainty that the ambiguity should have us wondering what happened in their lives. We will never know, but we invite you to share your speculations.
Depending on your interest — let us know in the comments section if you’d like to see this as a regular feature and how often (once a week? once a month?) — we invite you to share what you think happened to various Mad Men characters since the last time we saw them. We provide a few leading questions to stimulate your imagination.
What happened to Sally, Bobby and Genie after Betty Draper Francis dies?
- Did Don regain custody of his children?
- If so, did he hire Carla to help him raise the kids in Manhattan?
- Did Don play the “my children need a mother who is chill with spilled milk” card to reconcile with Megan?
- Did Henry Francis fight for custody?
- Did the Draper kids end up being raised by Betty’s brother, William Hofstadt, and his wife Judy?